Marketing Training | Getting Your House In Order
- In every business there are a few things you own, that are the greatest visual representation of your business. This we refer to as YOUR HOUSE! This would consist of your website, your website and your website.
- All to often we see companies investing in other companies assets before they take care of their own house. This may consist of a listing on Yelp, their social media sites, a Yellow pages website and listing, a Yoodle website (with a Yoodle owned phone number), a listing on city search, urban spoon, wedding wishes, and so on. I can’t tell you how backwards this is. In life this could look like living in a shed and driving a leased BMW.
- Another example is, owning template website and having your blog on a free 3rd party blogging engine you don’t own such as blogger or wordpress.yourblog.com (even if it is masked as your own URL). In this case a real world example would be buying a Pinto and renting your friends house. Owning a POS and paying down someones asset with no equity being built for your family makes no sense.
- Or better yet, hiring a friend, the “guy” from your networking group or building your own website and expecting to compete with professionals. A real world example is entering a drag race with a home made soap box car.
- How about one of my favorites, dumping time and money into an effective social media marketing campaign, while you own a website that is not designed for conversions. In fact, the visual appearance of the site is so bad (unprofessional, not responsive, etc.) that your time on site is less than 1 minute for every referral from your social media posting. The real world example is a single person posting a profile photo of a supermodel on an online dating site, building a digital relationship, meeting off line for the first time, only to show that your parents could have been Shrek and Madusa.
- Last but not least, investing in Pay Per Click campaigns prior to mastering organic search results from effective search engine optimization strategies. The real world example is simple… you own your own home and decide to invest in painting and remodeling a guys house in a development 6 cities away from your own, hoping it will improve the value of your house.
In all situations, you loose at the 1, 2, 3, GO!
- So the bottom line is, take care of business. Is your house in order? This rule applies to your life, your family, and your business. Get your house in order and make sure that you investigate and eliminate any blind spot. It’s the small things that matter.
First Impression in a Moments Time
- If you were training your sales team or account representatives to be prepared for the biggest sales presentation ever, what advise would you give them?
- Look good, dress your best.
- Be prepared.
- Make sure your presentation is top notch.
- Be confident in your knowledge, presentation, look and abilities.
- Make an impact with video in your presentation.
- Leave them with your contact information.
- Leave them with the next steps to take action
- So, I ask you this, if your website is making your sales presentations to your best possible prospects, referrals and existing customers, why would you not have the same standards as you do for yourself or your sales team?
Review our training library on www.12steproadmap.com
LIKE WHAT YOU'VE READ? PLEASE SHARE THIS ARTICLE